Horton opens the door to a better way of life for people who experience mobility issues.
For millions of senior citizens across the nation, nursing homes and assisted living facilities aren’t just buildings – they’re homes. Residents need their homes to be safe, comfortable and accessible.
Durable, reliable automatic and manual doors from Horton Automatics can increase mobility and independence for residents; maintain a high level of security for visitors; reduce health risks; keep staff and employees operating efficiently and effectively; and decrease energy costs.
A Door for Every Need
Horton offers a wide variety of manual and automatic doors for all areas in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, including:
- Main entrances
- Patient rooms
- Activity/recreational areas
- Common areas
- Secure areas
- Dining facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Executive offices
The Automatic Choice
Automatic doors are an appropriate and beneficial choice for nursing homes and assisted living facilities. This technology serves to enable independence while simultaneously limiting it, depending on the circumstances for each installation.
For caregivers in facilities with elderly and disabled residents, automatic doors can be an extra tool to safeguard residents. For facilities looking to allow residents, visitors and staff to move about more easily and quickly, automatic doors offer convenience and freedom for users, regardless of their physical limitations.
Addressing needs for accessibility, security, comfort and energy savings, Horton offers a wide variety of automatic doors perfectly suited for the unique challenges of nursing homes and assisted living centers.
- Revolving Doors: Horton Grand® and MiniGrand® revolving door systems are ideally suited to the requirements of healthcare facilities. These doors can be customized to the right diameter and speed to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
- Sliding Doors: Sliding doors, such as the ProSlide® Series 2021, provide clear, wide openings and are tested up to 1 million cycles to ensure dependability. Engineered to meet the challenging demands of nursing homes, which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Swing & Folding Doors: These systems provide ADA -compliant door openers and high-traffic automatic access. Folding doors are extremely versatile and provide a solution for very large openings as well as for narrow corridors that require wide openings.
- Swing Door Operators: These can be installed during new construction or to upgrade an existing door.
- Patient Room Door Systems: These systems allow the option to leave doors completely or partially open without the need to break out the doors. These doors are ideal for optimizing space utilization.
Contact your Horton distributor to learn more about doors for assisted living centers or to inquire about additional services critical to these facilities, such as Patient Wander Management Systems, Fire Door Inspections and 24/7 Emergency Service and Repair.